The top quality and sound assortment of sugarcane is delivered by little and medium ranchers of western Uttar Pradesh (India) called sugarcane bowl. The sugarcane is collected at its pinnacle guaranteeing the correct development of the juice and sugar content.
The sugarcane is appropriately cleaned and squashed in sterile condition to extricate the crisp juice.
The sugarcane juice is bubbled in sterile condition and no compound and Sulphur is utilized in its juice, just the normal arrangement is included for cleaning the juice.
Bubbled Sugarcane juice is either straightforwardly thickened and dense to make jaggery (panela) or it is permitted remain for couple of days to let the sugar precious stones begin shaping. At some point turning balances are utilized to quicken the procedure of crystallization. When fine precious stones structure appropriately, the solidified syrup is fit to be taken to rotator for isolating the sugar gems.
The precious stones are isolated genuinely utilizing the axis. Some measure of molasses is held to make CROGANIX characteristic khandsari sugar plentiful in minerals. Nearness of molasses gives it a grayish/brilliant shading. Its unadulterated characteristic khandsari sugar.
Health Benefits of Desi Khand:
- Khand is cleaned by cooking sugarcane juice. The roots of some plants are used to clean it in the traditional way. It takes the form of jaggery when thickened after cleaning. Instead of making jaggery sugar, the molasses would be completely separated if run in a centrifuge. And become pale yellow brown crystal-like grains, this is called khand.
- Rich in natural Nutrients: Since Village Fresh Desi Khand sugar is unbleached and unprocessed, it is not stripped of any nutrients and contains Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and many more minerals boosting health and immunity.
- Prevents tooth decay: Desi Khand at Village Fresh is produced entirely organically and contains a number of minerals which are healthy for teeth and gums, eliminating the bad breath.
- Boosts immune system: Desi Khand is a rich source of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and fiber, which results in building up the immunity.
- Increased Stamina: Desi Khand delivers energy and helps the human body maintain stamina for a long period. It also balances electrolytes in your body and strengthens muscles.
- Helps to prevent Diabetes: A diet high in white sugar leads to a constant release of insulin which eventually leads to insulin resistance causing Diabetes. Village Fresh Desi Khand gives the required amount of nutrition to the body thus maintaining the Insulin level and helps in preventing Diabetes.
- Helps fighting obesity: Raw Sugar or Desi Khand has low to zero levels of fructose which is the main element for creating an urge to consume more sugar. With the absence of fructose, the body gets quickly satisfied and consumes very low sugar.
- All the properties of Khand are similar to sugar, you can use Khand with tea, milk, lassi everywhere where sugar is used. Some people also call it Desi Khand. It can also be used as a khand used for making Ayurvedic medicines. Because it is a pure sweetness.
Why we should eat Desi Khand instead of White Refined Sugar?
Desi Khand is the raw form of sugar, and hence less processed. It has almost powder like tiny brown crystals obtained from sugarcane processing. On the other hand, refined sugar is obtained after going through many more processes like boiling, bleaching in Hydro etc. that take away any trace minerals and might also add harmful chemicals to it.
- Nutrition Value: The white sugar that we consume on a daily basis in Indian Food is no nutrition but only empty Calories. Desi Khand which is prepared naturally in an unprocessed manner is rich in Phosphorous, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and Potassium.
- Urge to Consume More: Refined sugar is devoid of any good properties and urges the human body to intake more quantity than it requires, thereby generating diseases and health issues like obesity and diabetes.
- Flavor: Not all the molasses are removed during the processing of raw sugar. Hence, these varieties tend to have a richer flavor than white table sugar creating a very unique taste.
- Harmful chemicals and pesticides: White sugar is obtained after going through many processes like bleaching and adding harmful chemicals to it during processing and refining which in result etc. that takes away any trace minerals. Desi Khand is entirely organic and unrefined and has no devastating effects on the body in the long term.
- Aging and wrinkles: Due to the unprocessed nature of Desi Khand, it is rid of the chemically sticking properties and doesn’t attack the fiber that is responsible for keeping skin tight.